The ALUMNI association for CIDO graduates
The aim of CIDO Alumni is to maintain the links between former graduates of the school and represent these trained osteopaths in the wider world.
Today, all the major higher education establishments (Polytechnique, H.E.C, Sciences Po Paris,…) have their own bodies to represent their former students.
The CIDO is no different and CIDO Alumni is the natural continuation of the active student union at the school. It is an organisation that sees itself as both convivial and dynamic, organising weekends for the various promotions and science days.
The main spheres of action of CIDO Alumni are:
- To develop an alumni network to maintain the connections between fellow graduates and their school, providing a forum to assist alumni in their personal development and professional careers.
- To organise a growing number of regional, national and international events open to all members of the association; AGMs, Galas, Leisure activities, Dinners with guest speakers …
- To provide a forum for professional advancement.
- To provide a variety of benefits and services to members e.g. provide group discounts through negotiation with suppliers, notification of job vacancies, publication of alumni directories and journals
- To use the alumni network to advise and support recent graduates
- To promote osteopathy as a profession and medical speciality
- To be heard through its contribution to audits and enquiries and its presence at all events pertinent to the profession
- To promote the profession using all appropriate media
- To facilitate and develop the link between past and present students of the school and the teaching staff
- To arrange sponsor agreements between alumni and 5th year students and to make its presence known throughout the school by its involvement in the school’s activities (gala, conferences etc.)